Cat Urine Odor Air Purifier–7 Best Features To Choose
Cat Urine Odor–7 Best Features To Choose
Cat urine odor doesn’t have to be a part of owning a cat. An air purifier that is designed to remove this odor can give you and your cat a fresh start.
With so many purifiers available on the market today, it’s often difficult to make a decision without feeling you’re making a mistake. Here are 7 features that will help you choose the right purifier for your cat and your family.
1. Effective Filter–Choose an air purifier that has a filter that specifically targets cat urine odor. Check to make sure the filter is specifically designed to remove urine odor before you buy.
Cat urine is tough stuff to remove, and if a filter, regardless of how well made, is not designed to remove odor, you are still going to have the smell in your home.
2. Filter Longevity–Make sure you don’t have to replace your filter every 6 months or even yearly. Look for one that can last for up to 5 years. This will save you time and money (eliminates constant purchasing and changing of filters) but will still remove the odor effectively.
3. High Powered Motor–To keep up with the odor, your air needs to be filtered 24 hours a day everyday. This will give you time to find and neutralize your cat’s mistakes without suffering a decline in air quality. If you are unable to find the spot you’re in trouble and the smell will remain. But with an air purifier you’ll come out smelling like a rose.
So the motor needs to be tough enough to run all the time and should be a permanent split capacitor, rated for continuous high RPM (revolutions per minute) and long life duty.
4. Steel Housing–Steel is tough and can stand up to even the most curious cat. With an air purifier made of steel this is never a worry fumes from casings made of other materials. Fresh air is the only by-product it will produce. Some purifiers that have plastic housing tend to off-gas harmful fumes when the motor heats it up. Also check to make sure that the paint is a lead free paint.
5. 30 Day Money Back Guarantee–So you’ve done your homework and the purifier you’re purchasing seems to be perfect for your situation. Choose a company that offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This will give you a chance to try the purifier in your space with your cat and see if it is effective.
6. Long Term Warranty–Make sure the manufacturer of the purifier offers a substantial warranty on both the purifier and the filter. This gives you added protection against part or filter defect.
7. Replacement Filters Readily Available–Make sure that authentic replacement filters are readily available, so that when you need a replacement, ordering a new one is quick and easy.